Free Post

     This fall break I went hunting with my dad and my grandfather. It is a family tradition that we go hunting the opening weekend of squirrel season. We normally do not get much, but we get to hang out with our family and it is a lot of fun. This time when we went my great grandmother asked us to bring back one squirrel and one rabbit. Well before we even left the gate to get to the woods we killed a rabbit. However, while we were in the woods we did not see anything due to the fact the woods have been hunted for 100 years. 

     One the way back we decided to walk the tree line and we saw one squirrel, however, we heard a lot more. When I saw the squirrel I obviously shot it but since I was only using a 410 it did not fall out of the tree when I shot it. So my dad shot it again with a 12 gauge then it fell out the tree and we went back to the house. When we got there my grandfather had already skinned the rabbit so we went straight away to skinning the squirrel. So when my great-grandmother got there she went straight away to making a delicious rabbit-squirrel sauce pecan. That's about all I did over fall break.

Comments

  1. That's cool that hunting is a tradition for your family. It sounds like you had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very vivid and interesting story. I hope to find out more about it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How Closely do you Listen to Lyrics

Strengths and Weaknesses

Summer Story