Response to Mint Snowball

     I think Mint Snowball was not a bad story, but after about the third time I read it it had become old. I really liked the Naomi Shihab Nye used incomplete sentences to affect the way the reader read and understood the story. Another thing that struck me as interesting was the amount vivid detail. It clearly painted a picture in the reader's mind. But like I said after the third time I read it the lust of the appropriate incomplete sentences and vivid detail wore off. 

     Mint Snowball is narrative, this means that  it is based on a personal story that the author has experienced and how it has affected their life. In this particular narrative the author vividly recalls the details of the setting in the story. In Mint Snowball the author talks about a long lost mint snowball recipe, and how it has affected her life. I don't particularly enjoy narratives but this one was okay. I look forward to reading more of Naomi Shihab Nye's works. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Closely do you Listen to Lyrics

Strengths and Weaknesses

Summer Story